Skrevet av Emne: Dette er må man huske på ! Gjelder willys kriger  (Lest 2056 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Utlogget uffe

• 304 CID
Dette er må man huske på ! Gjelder willys kriger
« på: On.,20,Januar,2010,08,02 »
Is someone trying to sell you a restored 1946 Military Jeep?
There were no military jeeps produced between the end of 1945-1949.
If any one of the data plates on the dash or the firewall or frame say CJ-2a (or CJ at all) than it is civilian - the C = Civilian, the J = Jeep.   To this day some people take civilian jeeps and drill holes and add all the military grab handles & parts, paint it OD green w/stars and then try to pass it off as a military jeep.  ebay is full of them.  They are not actually worth much. They are worth less than a civilian jeep restored as a civilian jeep, and a lot less than a true military jeep correctly restored.

The military jeep collectors don't want it because it is not really a military jeep. I don't recommend investing in one because they won't buy it from you down the road. The civilian jeep collectors don't want it either because it is now a Swiss cheese jeep body tub with all the holes drilled in it that do not belong there - so they won't buy it.  The only buyers for such a jeep in the future are the people who just don't care...   True jeep collectors (both military & civilian) are willing to pay more to get the right jeep done right. They will be willing to pay more than someone who just wants any old jeep and would settle for a bastardized one.

I like both military & civilian jeeps, but I'm not so big on the mixed up ones.

Kilde er http://wwiijeepparts.com/Archives/JeepSerialNumber.html

Bra side

« Siste redigering: On.,20,Januar,2010,08,50 av CJ-7 »
Early BRONCO V8
Cj 7 -1980 V8

Utlogget sten_morten

• Global moderator
  • Get a life!!
Re: Dette er må man huske på ! Gjelder willys kriger
« Svar #1 på: On.,20,Januar,2010,08,43 »
Dette er ikke jo ikke noe problem i Norge. Det er heller stikk motsatt, at det er laget sivile varianter av krigere.

I Sverige derimot er dette langt vanligere.
CJ-7 Laredo 1986                 WJ Grand Cherokee Limited 2001              M416
AMC V8                               3,1 TD
36x15,5-15