Skrevet av Emne: 2 door vs 4 door xj  (Lest 1270 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Utlogget Madbutcher

• 360 CID
2 door vs 4 door xj
« på: To.,24,Desember,2009,02,34 »
Nå har jeg akkurat skrevet av Eric Zappe på pirate4x4 så jeg kan jo legge det inn her også ;D

småfull å fin på lille julaften skal jeg prøve å ta dette

Fra High-performers Jeep Cherokee builder's guide 1984-2001 står det:

2door vs 4 door:

The Cherokee came in both 2 door and 4 door models. So whitch is better and why? Many people like the 2 door, even just for the looks. That's grate for some people, and nobody can tell you wath to like. I could go on about how the passenger doors are more convenient.. but that's manly just my opinion, too. However, from structual standpoint, the 4 door is better for a couple of reasons.
The overall dimensions of the 2 door and 4 door bodies are the same. The difference, other than the obvious number of the doors, is the size of the doors and the number of pillars in the body. The doors of a 2 door are quite a bit larger than the front doors of a 4 door. that makes them very heavy. Over time the hingers may suffer due to the weight. The hingers are welded to the body, so replacement are not easy. The stress on the door hinges is unlikely to affect the overall strength of the vehicle, but the number of pillars is more inportant to consider. 4 door XJs have 4 pillars, named A,B,C and D. The A pillar is the frontpillar(where the front door hinges are) that make up the siders of the windshield. The B piellar is between the front rear of the passenger dooors. The C pillar is behind the rearpassenger door, and the D pillar is is at the rear of the vehichle. The 2 door XJ only has threepillars. The A pillar is the same as the 4 door. the B pillar is in the senter of the vehicle, and the C pillar is at the rear. Having the extra pillar on the 4 door modeles is sure to add more strenght to the body as a whole. By no means dos this suggest that the 2 door XJ is inferior or unsuitable for extreme use off-road. A lot of that will depend on your driving style and what you will do to strengthen and stiffen the body. Both 2 and 4 door XJ's can use some unabody stiffening.

Så da har vi avklart det..

Beklager de sikkert 10 1000 skrivefeilen i min førjuls rødvin rus

Boken er forresten skrevet av Eric Zappe (moderator på JeepForum.com)

2 door XJ 4.0l
32x11,5 kumho road venture kl71 

I got your Jeep thing...now it hurts when I pee...

http://pirate4x4.no/forum/showthread.php?t=23833