Skrevet av Emne: Hello from from USA new member here  (Lest 3076 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Utlogget Mtn WJ

• 258 CID
Hello from from USA new member here
« på: On.,12,September,2007,07,16 »
Hello I just joined your site here.  I have a business trip to Norway in early October and decided to see what the Grand Cherokee crowd is like there.

Sorry I only speak and write english so I do not even know if anyone will be able to decifer my message or care to reply.  Regardless I thouight I would give it a try.

I have a 2001 Grand Cherokee that is built for the Colorado mountains.  I have wheeled it over 100 times with my kids onboard. 

This is a link that shows a trail run from earlier this summer.  My WJ is the Maroon (red) one.  http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2091564100

Anyway I am interested in seeing what things you folks have done to you Grand Cherokee and what type of four wheeling you guys do there.  Keith S
2001 WJ Laredo.  4.0L Engine.  6 inch TNT Customs Long Arm Suspension. Currie HP9 inch rear axle with detroit locker, ARB front locker.  Warn Winch, 33 inch Good Year MTRs.  4.10 gears.  Etc Etc

Utlogget Mtn WJ

• 258 CID
Sv: Hello from from USA new member here
« Svar #1 på: On.,12,September,2007,07,23 »
Hello I just joined your site here.  I have a business trip to Norway in early October and decided to see what the Grand Cherokee crowd is like there.

Sorry I only speak and write english so I do not even know if anyone will be able to decifer my message or care to reply.  Regardless I thouight I would give it a try.

I have a 2001 Grand Cherokee that is built for the Colorado mountains.  I have wheeled it over 100 times with my kids onboard. 

This is a link that shows a trail run from earlier this summer.  My WJ is the Maroon (red) one.  http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2091564100

Anyway I am interested in seeing what things you folks have done to you Grand Cherokee and what type of four wheeling you guys do there.  Keith S

I am also a planner for an event held each year called Grand Slam West which is held in Moab Utah each year.  A web site that was created by a friend of mine for hard core Grand Cherokee owners is www.mallcrawlin.com  The mallcrawlin name is a play on words because often Grand Cherokees are refered to as grocery getters or soccer mom Jeeps.  However we build and wheel them.  Anyway I thought I would share more about our Grand Cherokee community here.
2001 WJ Laredo.  4.0L Engine.  6 inch TNT Customs Long Arm Suspension. Currie HP9 inch rear axle with detroit locker, ARB front locker.  Warn Winch, 33 inch Good Year MTRs.  4.10 gears.  Etc Etc

Utlogget Skywalker

• 360 CID
  • Space cowboy
    • -Cherrox-
« Svar #2 på: On.,12,September,2007,08,51 »
Hi, there.

Most Norwegians cope fairly well with english language. Nowadays kids start with light english language lessons already in the grad. school first grade (age 6).

Cool WJ. Mallcrawler is fairly well understood, though the Norwegian nick name translates to "Stock exchange tractor". For insane reasons, new cars are expensive, maybe 3-4 times the US price. The larger the engine and the heavier the car is, the more expensive it gets due to taxes. Hence, a common conception in the 80's was that only filthy rich stock brokers could afford a brand new SUV.

Dependant on tbe length of your stay and geographic base, it might be possible for you to experience some Norwegian offroad wheeling as well. WJ's (and ZJ's) aren't widely used for offroading, though CJ5/7, YJ, TJ and XJ are popular among preferred rides from other brands.

Jeep!

Hadde den vært til å slå på hadde det fulgt med hammer!
Ex-JEEP: '98 Cherokee/XJ 4.0 Ltd. (solgt oktober 2012)
JCN #741

Utlogget simon

• Get a life!!
« Svar #3 på: On.,12,September,2007,09,27 »
Welcome to the forum, Mtn WJ.

Early october should be fine, since there is a Trophy Run in Svinndal Offroad Park first weekend of october. 
http://www.offroad.no/forum/index.php?showtopic=81980&st=0&#entry1366763

If you like, we can put you up in the big tent, and we'll find you the camping gear you'll need. It's no Hilton, but great fun.  Some drinking may occur during the evening...

Have a look at Svinndal here: http://www.jeepclubnorway.no/smf/index.php?topic=1397.0
(the red Wramgler is my pride and joy) :)

Colorado is such a nice place, I spent two weeks there during july, and I love to go back. 

Some pictures: http://www.jeepclubnorway.no/smf/index.php?topic=1167.0

Your WJ looks great.   Our beloved magazine editor Tor K. used to have a slightly older GC, and used it for real:

« Siste redigering: On.,12,September,2007,09,33 av simon »
Rød, grønn og gul Jeep. (YJ, kriger og spissnese)

Utlogget Jeep

• 401 CID
« Svar #4 på: On.,12,September,2007,15,11 »
Hello Keith!
Welcome to our forum. Colorado is really beautiful. There are several people on the forum that have been off-roading in Colorado, including myself. We appreciate it and will, as Simon has indicated, like to "pay back" by "helping" you out if you visit Norway when some offroading is taking place here. By the way, the white ZJ on the pics used to belong to me.
Please feel free to post your arrival and departure dates on the forum, or send a PM to Simon.

Have a nice day!
Tor
Tor Kløvstad
2001 WJ V8, Original
1994 YJ, Modifisert
Lokalkontakt Hedmark

Utlogget Mtn WJ

• 258 CID
« Svar #5 på: On.,12,September,2007,15,12 »
I appreciate the reply's.  Looks like some fun trails and events.  Nice to see the mix of Jeeps out there.  I guess we have it good in the states with the lower price of SUVs.  I bought mine new in 2001 and have been building it a little each year.  

I will be in Stavenger October 1st-7th.  My meetings are pretty much over on Friday the 5th which gives me Saturday the 6th off.  I might be interested in a trail run or some kind of meet and greet on Saturday but really do not want to create a bother for anyone.  Not sure where Stavenger is in relation to you folks either.  Anyway lets see how this goes.

I was in Tokyo several years ago and went to a Jeep club meeting.  Pretty fun.  

Utlogget Stein-K

• Administrator
  • Get a life!!
  • TJ med V8
    • Garasjen min hos JCN
« Svar #6 på: On.,12,September,2007,17,38 »
Stavanger is on the west coast and the Trophy at Svinndal on the east side of Norway. It is a 7 hours drive or a plane trip for 35 minutes. We can arrange some kind of transportation for you and a ride along at the event. This is no bother for any of us. Just let us know if you want to come.

My tent ( as Simon talks about is for 16 people with a fireplace ) has the room for you.
Min garasje

Webredaksjon JCN
Kjør hardt, kjør stil! Karosseriet er en slitedel!!!

Utlogget Mtn WJ

• 258 CID
« Svar #7 på: To.,13,September,2007,17,42 »
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you guys.

I am traveling pretty extensively this week.

I am very interested in making something work out for attending the Trophy run.  I need to look into the logistics better with regards to my schedule and transportation.

Looks like a lot of fun and something I will remember for a long time afterwards.  I even spoke to a couple web hosts and local Colorado dealers to bring a long some stickers and such from the US to hand out.  Well see if this all works out.  The distance is a concern for me as I do not want to miss my return flight on Sunday.  It is at 12:00.

Keith

Utlogget Stein-K

• Administrator
  • Get a life!!
  • TJ med V8
    • Garasjen min hos JCN
« Svar #8 på: To.,13,September,2007,17,49 »
You should try to swing by the Trophy!!

This is what you will meet:

Me and my car from last year Trophy  ;D
Min garasje

Webredaksjon JCN
Kjør hardt, kjør stil! Karosseriet er en slitedel!!!

Utlogget Jeep

• 401 CID
« Svar #9 på: To.,13,September,2007,20,37 »
Keith!
It's not expensive to fly from Stavanger to Oslo and probably easier to find a flight back home from Oslo since it's the biggest airport in Norway.

Have a nice day!
Tor
Tor Kløvstad
2001 WJ V8, Original
1994 YJ, Modifisert
Lokalkontakt Hedmark