Skrevet av Emne: Empty fuel indicator....  (Lest 873 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Utlogget xcellent

• 258 CID
Empty fuel indicator....
« på: On.,11,November,2009,03,37 »
Hello All,

I bought a Jeep Cherokee 4.0 95 model last week here in Oslo... Anyhow I have one question.

The "empty fuel indicator (orange light)" is turning on and and off irregularly even if there are fuel left (currently about 1/4 of the tank left...).

This only started happening today after I picked up the car from the dealer. Timeline/Storyline is as follows:

1. Picked up the car from the dealer last week
2. Returned to dealer as found out electric window+mirrors+room light+central locking were out.
3. Picked up and all was fixed but returned again as Dashboard was out (i.e. needles on rpm, speed, fuel, volt, oil didnt move)
4. Picked up again today, Dashboard was fixed (said fuse was out) but now the bloody petrol gauge "empty" orange light turns on and off irregularly!! (this didnt happen before...)

Can someone help me out please? Quite sick and tired of going back and forth to the dealer......

Thanks in advance!!!

Best regards,
Jay
Oslo

Utlogget Oseberg

• 360 CID
Re: Empty fuel indicator....
« Svar #1 på: On.,11,November,2009,05,01 »
Hi, nice Cherokee with the right engine.

First:
For keeping your rights on warrenty ,return to dealer and always send them a mail emmediate if problem occours. This is important, than you have avoided a neglect of duty related to informing them and your position is clear.
NEVER just call and be confident with you having kept your duty as a buyer. 

The light:
He might have fiddle with the instrument cluster before he chaged the fuse. Your indicator problem may also have it nature back in the fuel leveler in gas tank.

If you start now doing repairs by your self, than you may be "out of warrenty".

Sorry about this answer, guess this was not what you asked for...

XJ 4,0 98

Utlogget xcellent

• 258 CID
Re: Empty fuel indicator....
« Svar #2 på: On.,11,November,2009,11,45 »
Thanks for the tips and advice! It is a very good car so far, drives very smooth... I think firstly I will try out filling up full tank to see if that helps (bit expensive experiment but will have to fuel up someday anyways =) ...)